8 Performance Requirements
This section specifies the basic parameters that an implementing government might use to establish performance requirements for scalability, throughput, and response times when reasonable/necessary. For example:
- Minimum Throughput = 100 requests/sec
- Maximum Latency = 1sec
- Concurrency = 1000 concurrent requests
- All solutions MUST be able to monitor and report, including but not limited to, resource consumption, throughput, latency, average latency, queue depth/backlogs, etc.
- All of these indicators MUST be available through an administrative API.
- Ideally, all BBs should be able to run a “monitoring agent” which handles reporting out logs, requests, BB-specific indicators, etc. to a monitoring service (e.g., https://www.datadoghq.com/)
- The local monitoring agent should be configurable via web interface.
- Retries and backoff strategies must be configurable.